Soft Bones funds research to better understand HPP with the goal of finding a cure.
We believe a cure is possible
With modern-day science of gene editing and gene therapy, we work closely with researchers and clinicians to champion collaboration, reduce duplication of effort, share findings and unite the global HPP community. We also work to position HPP as a favorable subject of research through a global HPP registry. Areas we support include:
- Gene therapy and gene editing
- CoRDS International HPP Contact Registry – Researcher access
- Research of new therapies or improvement to existing therapy
- New HPP investigators through annual $25,000 seed grant – Accepting applications now. Learn more here.
- HPP scientific exchange through other grants
- HPP TeleECHO series. For information email ECHO@SoftBones.org
HPP Patient Registry
Soft Bones has partnered with Coordination of Rare Diseases at Sanford (CoRDS) to create an International HPP Contact Registry. The registry provides patients and caregivers with a secure means of making their basic disease information available to researchers without sacrificing privacy. By joining the registry, you can help researchers see the whole picture and gain valuable information for a disease that they know too little about. Information learned through the registry plays a vital role in improving treatments and finding a potential cure.
For more information, contact CoRDS at email@example.com or (877) 658-9192.
Soft Bones Grant Winners
Nan Hatch, DMD, PhD
Fatma F.Mohamed, PhD
Flavia Amadeu de Oliveira, PhD
Dana Gaddy, PhD
Dobrawa Napierala, PhD
Kathryn Dahir, MD
Brian Foster, PhD
Luke Mortensen, PhD
Steven Mumm, PhD