Make a Difference
Support Soft Bones and the HPP community using your time and talents. Check out our volunteer opportunities below.
Non-profit organizations like Soft Bones cannot fulfill their mission and accomplish change without the support of dedicated volunteers. Daily operations are made possible through the efforts of a small staff, and an even larger team of motivated community members who donate their time to help our cause.
Volunteering does not just benefit the nonprofit, but also offers many rewards for individuals including stress relief, mood enhancement and a sense of accomplishment knowing that you’ve improved the lives of those living with HPP through your service. A volunteer position with Soft Bones can also build upon one’s experience and allows for numerous networking opportunities.
Please consider making a difference in the hypophosphatasia community by volunteering with Soft Bones. Opportunities offer a flexible work schedule and tasks can often be performed virtually. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or intern for Soft Bones, please complete a volunteer interest form and submit it to email@example.com.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Share Your Skills: Soft Bones is always seeking talented individuals with a special skill set to accomplish one of the many goals of the organization. If you have a flair for something specific and would like to lend your expertise to our organization, please reach out to us. (i.e. event planning, photography, videography, graphic design, website maintenance, grant writing, research, advocacy, marketing, fundraising, PR/media, etc.).
Corporate Outreach: Identify one or several large companies and contact them directly to inquire about their community sponsorship programs.
Tell your Story: Sign up to be a patient of the month to help spread awareness for our cause.
Join the HPP P.A.L. (Partner and Learn) Program: Connect with other HPP patients or caregivers in similar scenarios for peer support and learning opportunities.
Host a Fundraising Event:
- Coins for a Cause: Let your friends and family pitch in by donating any leftover change they may have.
- Facebook Birthday Fundraiser: Ask your Facebook friends to donate to Soft Bones. Do this on your birthday by creating a fundraising campaign using the promoted Facebook birthday fundraiser option in your News Feed.
- School Bake Sale: Organize a bake sale at your school where all or some of the proceeds are donated to Soft Bones. Then, get all your friends together and bake as much as you can!
- Benefit Concert: If you know of any musicians, ask them to perform a benefit concert. Tell people that their admission ticket is a check made out to Soft Bones.
- Virtual or In-Home Shopping Parties: Host a Pampered Chef, Norwex, clothing or beauty shopping party, either in-home or virtually, and up to 20% of sales will be donated to Soft Bones.
- Run/Walk: Organize a 5k run or walk where all the proceeds go directly to the foundation. Social distancing safe!
- Restaurant Event: Portion of profits gets donated back to the foundation
- Bowling Nights: Plan a fun night of bowling at your local lanes. Ask the owner to waive the cost of bowling and you can collect that money and turn it into pledges.
- Game Nights: Get out those board games and start playing! Break into teams and let the fun begin. Leave a box at the door for a donation as a cover charge.
- Charity Fundraiser Garage Sale: Know all that stuff that’s been hanging out in your garage…in your basement? Gather it up and ask your friends to do the same. Put it in your yard and sell, sell, sell! Put up a sign and mention that the proceeds of the sale are for Soft Bones.
- Wine Tasting: Host a wine virtual wine tasting. Create a wine kit with a set price covering the wine and an added donation.